Welcome!

I reunite identified family photos that I find in antique shops and second hand stores with genealogists and family historians. If you see one of your ancestors here and would like to obtain the original, feel free to contact me at familyphotoreunion [ at ] yahoo [ dot ] com. I also accept donations of pre-1927 images to be reunited. I hope you enjoy your visit!
~The Archivist


Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What a Shame Wednesday: A Tintype of Three Brothers to Mrs. Dunn



This tintype was found in a Vancouver, BC antique shop.  There is handwriting on the front and back, which gave me some hope when I first saw it.  However, I'm not quite so optimistic about reuniting this one. On the front you can see the inscription, identifying the three boys:  Archie, Wayne, [and it looks like] Wilber. The reverse has a bit of information as well, if it can be read:


I can make out "Please give this to Mrs. N [P or V]. J. Dunn.  Dear [Justin/Teslin/???] I will send you all our pictures as soon as ----- [?].  Our respects."

There are too many unknowns to pursue this one much further.  Even the one surname we are given is iffy due to loose handwriting.  There isn't a location given, and the photo was found all by itself, without any other clues.  The patent date stamped on the front of the paper folder is "Mar 7 [18]65, September 22, [18]68."

No comments:

Post a Comment