Welcome!

I reunite identified family photos that I find in antique shops and second hand stores with genealogists and family historians. If you see one of your ancestors here and would like to obtain the original, feel free to contact me at familyphotoreunion [ at ] yahoo [ dot ] com. I also accept donations of pre-1927 images to be reunited. I hope you enjoy your visit!
~The Archivist


Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Three Photographs, Kittitas County, Washington - 1897

I found this trio of photographs at an antique show and sale in Calgary, Alberta about 20 years ago.  While the surname for each person is different, they are most certainly connected to each other in some way, probably through the original owner.  The handwriting on the back of the cabinet cards are in the same hand.  All the photos were taken in the same year.  I've tried to find out more about these individuals in the census but haven't had much luck.  Here are the details:



Above:  "Janet Adams & John Mills, Nov. 1897" taken at the Post & Ransier studio in Roslyn, Washington.

Above:  "John Hamer, 1897" taken at the Owen James Studio, Roslyn, Washington



Above:  "Oscar Cash, Dec 1897" taken at the Pautze Studio, Ellensburg, Washington.

Perhaps a reader might be able to shed some light on how these folks are connected.  I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment